One of our favorite neighborhoods in Los Angeles is Pasadena. It’s a vibrant community with gorgeous historic and modern homes, and tons of great activities to keep you and your family entertained.
What Makes Pasadena Special?
Pasadena is a small, diverse community situated between the San Rafael Hills and San Gabriel Mountains northeast of DTLA. Located right in the fertile green belt of the Angeles National Forest, this lush neighborhood is famous for its greenery. Pasadena is also a highly-sought after community is known for its family-friendly atmosphere, gorgeous mountain hiking trailers, and historic craftsman cottages. It’s the perfect place to raise a family, escape the hustle and bustle of the city, or simply find a personal oasis. If you are considering a finding a home in Los Angeles, let us take you on a tour of this great community.
Finding Your Dream Home In Pasadena
Pasadena homes feature a diverse array of architecture. Experiencing a housing boom in the 1890s-1930s, you can find a collection of gorgeous Craftsman-style bungalows. Many of these were designed by the famous Craftsman architects Greene and Greene. Most of these homes are still preserved in their original condition or have been updated with modern features. Pasadena has also had a development boom in recent years so you can also find both mid-century and modern-style single-family homes, townhomes, and condos. You can also find Rancho, Beaux-Arts Classicism, Spanish Revival, Mission Revival, and Victorian homes throughout the area. No matter what style of architecture you love, you can find your perfect house in Pasadena.
A Neighborhood With A Strong Sense Of Community
Pasadena is a highly walkable community with friendly neighbors. Originally developed as a resort town, the area has grown into a culturally diverse community with amazing food, shopping, and local events. Pasadena is the perfect neighborhood for the health conscious. From the great biking and hiking trails to several different Farmer’s Markets that features locally-grown organic foods, it’s easy to stay in shape. There’s also plenty of things for children to enjoy including the Kidspace Children’s Museum, Pasadena Ice Skating Center, and Playlab indoor playspace. Pasadena also has a thriving nightlife that hosts an array of fun events that attract people from all over the city. All of these things make it easy to make friends and connect with your neighbors.
Our Favorite Things To Do In Pasadena
There are so many great things to do in Pasadena with your free time, we can’t begin to list them all. Instead, here are just some of our favorite “can’t miss” neighborhood treasures we love:
- See The Rose Parade: Held every year on New Year’s Day, The Rose Parade is the ultimate family-friendly community With gorgeous floats made of roses and other flowers from international makers, it is a must-attend event for Pasadena residents.
- Hike Eaton Canyon Falls Trail: A beautiful hike that takes you past waterfalls and to a gorgeous overlook, it’s a perfect way to spend an afternoon for even inexperienced Taking about 1 hour and 45-minutes, this 3.5-mile hike is also dog-friendly and completely free.
- Visit Huntington Library, Art Collections, and Botanical Gardens: Situated on 120 acres of themed gardens, the Huntington Library houses an impressive collection of European and American They also offer a variety of cultural events including art exhibits, plant sales,and lectures.
- Eat At Union: When you first move to Pasadena, your neighbors will all recommend you check out the Located right in Old Town, Union features locally-sourced ingredients crafted into Northern Italian and California fusion cuisine. The atmosphere is casual and relaxed, but it is still the perfect spot to have a dress-up date night.
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth At Afters Ice Cream: What’s a meal without dessert? After you grab dinner, make sure to grab a treat from Afters Ice Featuring a fully stacked menu of over-the-top ice cream treats like doughnut ice cream sandwiches stuffed with Oreos, you’ll feel like a kid again. Make sure to try the world-famous Milky Bun.
- Grab A Cocktail At The Speakeasy: The Speakeasy offers a menuof delicious craft cocktails inspired by turn of the Century The bar is a little exclusive and you’ll need a password to get in, but don’t worry. If you email them ahead of time, you’ll be able to grab a seat. It may seem like some extra work, but once you taste their cocktails you’ll be glad you made it.
- Go Dancing At Club 54: Many people think you have to go into the city for great nightlife, but Pasadena has you covered with Club Newly revamped, this two-story club features three bars and two dancefloors. They also feature gogo dancers, VIP booths, and some of the best DJs in the area. It’s also a perfect spot for celebrity sighting!
Aspire Matches Buyers And Sellers In Pasadena
Aspire Los Angeles doesn’t just work with buyers, we also work with people looking to sell their homes in Pasadena. By doing so, we know what homes are on the market and what buyers are looking for in a home. If you are selling your home, we’ll help you attract the perfect buyer. If you are looking, we can show you the hidden gems that you may have missed. Either way, working with Aspire agents helps you achieve your dream lifestyle.
If you’re interested in checking out the homes in Pasadena or any of our other great communities, give us a call and we’ll not only show you some fabulous properties, we’ll also take you on a tour of the neighborhood.