Why Choose A Home In Silver Lake
The priorities of Los Angeles residents have shifted in recent years. Once we focused on properties based on proximity to the beach, but as our great city has grown and developed, many of us have started to appreciate the benefits of living in a thriving metropolis. Silver Lake has the ideal location as an Eastside neighborhood. It’s located slightly North of Downtown and neighbors Hollywood to the West. It’s a gorgeous area with winding streets and a beautiful central lake and a perfect place to consider making your new home.
Silver Lake’s Revitalization
A once forgotten area of town has seen a complete revitalization thanks to the denizens of artists, hipsters, and entrepreneurs who saw the potential in the area. The once abandoned streets are now filled with art galleries, cutting edge restaurants, and curated shops. This burgeoning development has been compared to Brooklyn in New York, and the region is known for attracting everyone from stars like James Franco to hipster artists, to new families who love the culture and walkability of the area. The development of the neighborhood has also allowed for affordable housing and provides plenty of opportunities for people looking to start their own business, pursue their artistic endeavors, and meet a community of creatives unlike anywhere else in Los Angeles.
The Architecture Of Silver Lake
Silver Lake developed in the 1920s and was a thriving modern area through most of the mid-century, housing artists and actors alike. The architecture is mostly modern, moderne, and mid-century modern, with flourishes of art deco and art nouveau. There are also gorgeous examples of Mediterranean-style homes spotted across the landscape. The forward thinking architecture of the area is one of the main things that have attracted the residents. Here you can still find extremely affordable hidden gems of architectural wonder, that with little updating, rivals some of the architecture in the more expensive areas of town. The architectural aesthetic of the area is what inspires so many of its residents to pursue their creative work.
What Makes Silver Lake A Truly Unique Neighborhood
Silver Lake is by far the hippest neighborhood of Los Angeles where trendsetters and bohemians alike curate a lifestyle unlike anywhere else in our city. Silver Lake is full of energy and offers something for everyone. Here are some of our favorite features in the neighborhood:
- Sunset Junction: An extremely walkable shopping district located right at the intersection of Sunset and Santa Monica Boulevards. The area is filled with small boutiques with vintage clothes, great restaurants, and is anchored by Intelligentsia, a high-end coffee bar where people gather to discuss current events and the politics of the day.
- The Satellite: The Satellite is the perfect hipster venue. It hosts the newest, most cutting edge acts in a sprawling dive with cheap drinks and rough sound. If you love experimental music, you won’t find a better lineup in the entire in the whole city than at The Satellite.
- Silver Lake Farmer’s Market: No hipster neighborhood in Los Angeles would be complete without a farmer’s market. Organic, locally-sourced produce stands are mixed in with used record and book sellers, artists, and local fashion designers. The farmer’s market is the place to see and be seen in Silver Lake.
- Stair Hike: The Silver Lake stairs are a forgotten path leading through the Silver Lake hills. It’s a great climb for people looking to get their exercise in while also admiring the beautiful mid-century modern gems tucked away in the hills. There are even groups who meet routinely to climb these stairs together.
- Silver Lake Picture Show: In the same space as the Farmer’s Markets, during the summer free films are screened at Sunset Triangle Plaza for residents. The night opens with local bands and short films by local artists, then screens a variety of cult films, family favorites, and off the wall features.
What Kind Of Properties Can You Find In Silver Lake
Silver Lake real estate is very diverse. From modern condominiums and apartments to Spanish style single family homes to luxury real estate, there’s something for everyone in the area. Whether you are looking to buy a place close to the nightlife or a secluded retreat, we can help you settle into a home in Silver Lake you’ll love for years to come. We’ve helped people with a variety of lifestyles find homes in Silver Lake and know exactly how to help you reach your aspirations of homeownership.