Let Us Be Your Guide To West Adams
If you are ready to make a bold move to a beautiful area, we can help. At Aspire Los Angeles, we live and work in the West Adams area and can help you not only find the house of your dreams but guide you to the lifestyle you’ve always dreamed of living. At Aspire we know that a home is more than just a beautiful house, but finding your place in a community. We work tirelessly to empower our clients with our expertise and help them achieve their dreams.
The Historic Architecture Of West Adams
West Adams is one of the oldest neighbors in Los Angeles and home to the largest collection of historic homes on the West side of the Mississippi. It was developed between the 1880s and 1920s so the neighborhood is filled with craftsman style, colonial revival, Queen Anne, and Gothic revival style architecture. West Adams is home to some of the most beautiful and unique houses in the entire Los Angeles area. In West Adams, you will find one-of-a-kind homes with stunning woodwork, original hardwood floors, and gorgeous brickwork. If you are looking for a home that’s a little out of the ordinary, with a storied past, West Adams is the ideal neighborhood.
Some Of The Famous West Adams Homes
Throughout the neighborhood of West Adams, you can see a variety of turn-of-the-century architecture. Some of these homes have a famous backstory or are a standout example of their architectural style. Here are just a few of the famous West Adams homes that exemplify the West Adams neighborhood:
- A.E. Kelly Residence: The A.E. Kelly residence was built in 1885 from a mail order design by the famous architect George Franklin Barber. This stunning white Victorian home boasts 4,400 sq ft and a fireplace in every one of its 10 bedrooms. It’s currently being used as student housing for USC.
- Chung-Ibbetson House: Built in 1899, this one-of-a-kind Richardsonian-Romanesque home can be found in shade under a massive fig tree. This gorgeous home was originally built for a real estate developer and is truly one of the most unique homes in the region.
- The Powers House: The Powers House is a Mission Revival style home built in 1864 by vineyard owner and wine producer Matthew Keller. This stunning home has all the classic elements of a Mission Revival style home including gorgeous brickwork, large arches, and a Spanish tile roof, but also boasts a “great hall” similar to an English country style home.
- John B Kane Residence: The John B Kane residence is a quaint Queen Anne Victorian home designed by Fred R. Dorn in 1892. This house that features a three-peak roof and a two-horse stable are officially listed as a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument.
- Fortmann House: The Forthmann House is also a USC community house and is listed as a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument. This massive 4,200 sq ft Victorian was built in 1887 by the architect Burgess J. Reeve. The Forthmann House is a stunning mix of Italianate and Eastlake styles
These unique homes are the kinds of stunning architecture you can find all over the West Adams district. No matter what style of architecture you love, you can find it in this great neighborhood.
Why Should You Move To West Adams?
Beyond being home to some of the most gorgeous houses in the Los Angeles area, West Adams is a great district to live in. Right of the Santa Monica, Pasadena, and Harbor freeways, you can easily access any part of town from this Southern Los Angeles neighborhood. Beyond its dream location, the West Adams neighborhood boasts some of the best historic spots.
Living The West Adams Lifestyle
Imagine waking up in your beautifully restored craftsman-style home. You head over to City Bean Roasters for a morning espresso then head over to Wellington Square for the Sunday farmer’s market. You then take a stroll around the neighborhood, checking out some of the famous homes and historic spots. That night, you hit Revolutionario Tacos for an incredible fusion of Northern African flavors and street tacos that you’ve never experienced. The West Adams lifestyle is the perfect blend of the past and present, offering a range of incredible cultural experiences you won’t find in any other Los Angeles Neighborhood.
How We Can Help You Settle Into West Adams
We live, work, and raise our families in the West Adams neighborhood, so we know all the charms, great spots, and fun things to do here. When you work with us, we don’t just help you find a house that fits your needs, we act as neighborhood guides. We will help you find the perfect place to settle in that has access to all the amazing areas around town. No matter if you are looking for access to transportation, the local schools, and preschools, or just a great area with access to restaurants and nightlife, we can help find your perfect place.
Aspire Is Not Your Average Real Estate Team
Aspire Los Angeles is not just your average real estate team. We are fully committed to making sure that our wonderful community thrives. We want to help people not only find affordable one-of-a-kind properties, but that is looking to move into a community with the potential to grow. West Adams is going through an incredible period of transformation as residents of Los Angeles are rediscovering this historic area and it’s a wonderful time to consider moving in. So if you are looking to make a change and establish yourself in an up-and-coming area, we can help.
Contact our knowledgeable agents at Aspire Los Angeles today to learn more about what gorgeous homes are currently available and why moving to the historic district of West Adams is a great choice for you!