Los Angeles is filled with success stories, big and small. And when it comes to the real estate world, one of the biggest success stories is those moments when a home is bought and the neighborhood around it evolves into something great.
LA has numerous neighborhoods that have already “made it”, but it also has some that are on their way up. Buying early in these up-and-coming areas can not only help you move into a home that will give you plenty of enjoyment, but could also increase in value tremendously. With that in mind, let’s take a look at some of the biggest indicators that a neighborhood is really ‘up and coming.
- New Developments – If new communities and subdivisions are springing up around the neighborhood, it’s a good sign that things are increasing in terms of interest and potential. Getting in early can be a great way to become a part of a growing, evolving neighborhood.
- Events – Are big events taking place Throughout the year? Sidewalk festivals, special events, and more can all be things that attract more and more to the area. Take a look to see what the different parts of the neighborhood have planned throughout the year.
- Dining – A neighborhood is only as good as its restaurants. Take a minute and do some research into the dining options around your new home and you’ll be able to determine just what kind of potential is in the neighborhood.
- Transportation – Public transportation options can be a huge part of what helps a neighborhood grow and explode in popularity and more. Look into transportation options and keep this in mind.
- Retail and Entertainment – Shopping options should be nearby as well, and without good commercial spaces, it’s unlikely that a community can grow and become what it really has the potential to be. Look into the retail options and the entertainment that is in the area to find out more about what to expect from the neighborhood’s future.
- Incentives – Some areas in Los Angeles are actually now offering incentives from lenders and even the city itself. The right incentives can not only help you find a great home, but they can also be good indicators that an area is going to grow and evolve over the future as more people move to the area to take advantage of the incentives being offered.
These are some of the clearest indicators that you have found a neighborhood that offers huge potential and that is up and coming in LA. Keep them in mind and you could find that perfect home in the perfect location.